Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 4 Of No Refined Sugar


 Day 4 was incredibly difficult. I was running behind on everything. Tim and I decided to go out of town to Jim's bachelor party so I needed to get the kids to Tim's mom's so I could start preparation (I fed them cereal with coconut sugar for breakfast). I forgot that I had some bowties to go out (wasn't an official order, it was a photography bundle that I'd been working on for a month, that's a lot of bows!!) and they were almost done so I finished them and got them mailed. I had to sort through the mountains of clothes we have to find stuff to pack and ended up cleaning in the process. Maybe I need to make more trips so my house will be clean?

Anyway, I grabbed the kids and took them home to nap. For lunch, I made some more pancakes (this time with the baking powder) and they were okay. The first batch didn't taste great but the second batch tasted a lot better. I ended making a lot of pancakes to send with all the kids for the weekend.I didn't have time to make the lunch I wanted to make.

I planned on using nap time to finish packing but Madeline needed to cuddle. So I fell asleep, too. It wasn't a bad thing and it only lasted an hour. But it definitely threw me off.

My biggest worry is what do we eat when we go out of town? It's not like we expect other people to cater to a challenge we are having. It isn't an allergy but it is a healthier way to live. I had asked on the challenge event page and got no response ( I HATE THAT) which was a bummer. It makes me feel alone in a sense.

With everything in its place, we head down to Lexington. I snacked on a lettuce and fruit salad with black olives and raw organic sunflower seeds. It was actually good, in a weird way. A little sweet and salt! Tim snacked on somethings else, I can't remember what it was.

When we arrived, Jim and Valerie had taken the time to prepare us a no-refined sugar meal! Delicious mashed potatoes, green beans and pork-chops. Why haven't I been able to think of simple and filling meals like that? Because in my head this might be more complicated than it actually is! It's not about finding the most complicated ingredients that cost a small fortune, it's more about finding those basic healthy foods and spicing them up a little.

No comments: