Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Unpacking My Books and Loving My Man

While unpacking my books this afternoon, I had this epiphany of sorts, a huge moment of clarity for me. One of those thought changing moments that I have to hold on to.

I was telling Tim's mom about how Tim so kindly checked out some books for me at the library. What a sweet surprise, and really, how it rarely happens. I was taking all these books out of sturdy black bags and I was noticing how so many of them were gifts. Gifts from Tim, from friends and family, strangers/acquaintances.

Books have always made me feel better!

Gosh, I remember at school, how I'd get a new book on the wooden box outside my door! Books have always been the best gifts for me. I'd get a brand new Harry Potter book right after it came out because of my great grades in high school.  Or going to the Christian book store to pick out a bible! Getting a used nook so I could read books for a little cheaper than hard backs, but there really isn't anything like a real book.

I remember earlier this year getting hooked on the Percy Jackson Series and the then series following that (with Percy in them, too). Tim brought me the next book home after work. So many of the books I have kept have been from him! How easy it is for me to take him for granted or just dismiss the great things he does for me because of tiny annoyances.

Oh, those annoyances build up but they really aren't worth the grudges or the aggravation and resulting distance in a marriage.


I am humbled. It's as simple as that.


No comments: