Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Romper For Madeline

I made Madeline the cutest romper ever!

I know I've been talking about wanting to do this for a while, I FINALLY buckled down and did it. I am so pleased!
 
I used "vintage" fabric. I have no clue if it's really vintage or not, I know it looks really old and I got it from the Thrift Store (post) so I'm calling it vintage.


BUT, I have to say it didn't exactly turn out the way I thought. I wanted the front piece to go down further, but I wasn't sure how to do that. Madeline measures 12 inches from just a little above her armpit line to the top of her inseam. I adapted a bloomer pattern I had and made them longer(higher) so they look like high waisted bloomers. Overall, for now, I may actually stick with this pattern, because it's easy.


I put the lace ruffle there because I messed up! I didn't make the square floral piece long enough and I could tell she would be uncomfortable if I compensated with a halter strap, so I made a floral bias extender (I just made that up but I hope someone understands it) and sewed it to the square then onto the bloomers and sewed the pre-ruffled lace on top to hide it! I do like how the bloomers go up her back! Makes it a little more modest!

 
 

Also, Sehara told me it doesn't match. She's right. With the lighting, I thought the tiny little flowers were purple and thought it looked perfect with the purple bottoms, well, they are a deep blue. Whatever. The lace is white and the floral background is off-white. I'm okay with it!

This is proof that Sehara is my right hand girl! She helps with pictures and is so helpful, even if she does cast a shadow on the right side of Madeline (if you look at all her photos, you'll start to notice, I'm going to have to get something for her to hold). I don't post as much of her now because of some issues, if you're wondering.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Really nice. And, the lace makes it so cute. I call that rescue sewing!